Has anyone ever wondered where certain words come from? I was reading one of those "fun" papers that has different tidbits of intresting yet somewhat useless trivia on it. Two certain words of the day stood out and here they are.
Propinquity: living within 50 miles of your birthplace.
Lethologica: Decscribing the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
I have heard the word "propiniquity" before, but not "lethologica"
Speaking of words, elsewhere in this same paper is mentioned something else interesting. "Shakespeare invented the words "bump" and "assassination".
Propinquity: living within 50 miles of your birthplace.
Lethologica: Decscribing the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
I have heard the word "propiniquity" before, but not "lethologica"
Speaking of words, elsewhere in this same paper is mentioned something else interesting. "Shakespeare invented the words "bump" and "assassination".
No comments:
Post a Comment