I have wondered so many times what it would be like to be another animal. To live a life somewhat carefree, basically doing what you want to do, eating what you want to eat, going where you want to go.
Right now as I gaze out my window, I am watching a mother and father black capped chickadee feeding their young almost at a non-stop pace. There are 3 maybe 4 baby birds in the nest. They are going back and forth from my suet feeder to the birdhouse. The one thing that surprises me somewhat is that these birds actually chose a place that wasn't meant to be an actual birdhouse to live and raise their young. From what I have read in a couple of bird books, these chickadees will select a site for their nest, and will return to the same site in the future, provided that the same site is still there.
If I were a bird, I would probably want to be a hawk. Mainly because they are a protected bird, and cannot be hunted. Yet, they can hunt and prey on small animals as well as other smaller birds. They are a majestic kind of bird, flying with gracefulness and precision high above the ground soaring and gliding, surveying all that is before them and basically getting a "bird's eye view" of the beauty of the land below.
Right now as I gaze out my window, I am watching a mother and father black capped chickadee feeding their young almost at a non-stop pace. There are 3 maybe 4 baby birds in the nest. They are going back and forth from my suet feeder to the birdhouse. The one thing that surprises me somewhat is that these birds actually chose a place that wasn't meant to be an actual birdhouse to live and raise their young. From what I have read in a couple of bird books, these chickadees will select a site for their nest, and will return to the same site in the future, provided that the same site is still there.
If I were a bird, I would probably want to be a hawk. Mainly because they are a protected bird, and cannot be hunted. Yet, they can hunt and prey on small animals as well as other smaller birds. They are a majestic kind of bird, flying with gracefulness and precision high above the ground soaring and gliding, surveying all that is before them and basically getting a "bird's eye view" of the beauty of the land below.
No comments:
Post a Comment