I have been wondering for some time, what exactly is love? Several times I have thought I was in love, but it turned out to be just the every popular "crush" on someone. I have noticed over the past few years, several of my friends getting married, thus decreasing the circle of single friends.
Being single does have some perks... One of them being, you can pretty much do what you want to do, without having to ask permission or letting someone know where you are going, or what you are doing. Another perk to being single, is occasionally having more money for yourself. You also don't have to worry about if the toilet seat is up or down. Unless of course, you are one who sleepwalks to the bathroom in the middle of the night, then the results of that could be surprising.
While being single has perks, it also has some downsides. One of them being that when certain holidays, or other special days come around throughout the year, being alone gets a little depressing after a while. Another downside of being single is not having someone to occasionally spoil (not counting nieces, nephews and moms).
How does one know when they are really, and truly in love with someone? Whether it be someone you may have known for a long, long time, or if it is someone you have just met? I have felt certain emotions and feelings when I am around or talking to a few certain people, but I am not really sure how to interpret them.
I know that when the time is right, I will find that someone I am meant to spend my life with. Just wish I could have found her a lot sooner...
2 comments:
George,
Of course I remember you! (I've still got some pictures of the bags you lit "for Brent" at one of your Relay for Life events)
I was reading some of your most recent posts here (doing some catch up). I'm sorry you're struggling and I sure wish I had some answers for you. All I know to do is pray that GOD will make HIS will CLEAR for you!
I wouldn't even consider dating/marrying anyone that I didn't believe GOD had for me. I DIDN'T do it that way and for a VERY LONG time I wondered if I even married the man GOD had for me. Whether I did or I didn't.. the fact remains that I entered a covenant before GOD and it CAN NEVER be taken lightly. (I don't mean to sound as though we've got a bad marriage now.. GOD worked some MIGHTY MIRACLES in our marriage through Brent's illness.. see, ALL THINGS DO work together for good! GOD can even bring LIFE through death)
I guess I shared all of that to say that I'm not "preaching a message that I've not lived myself." Just hoping to give you some good advice. =-)
Until then, I'll pray with you that you WILL KNOW beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have found the girl for you when you meet her! =-)
Thank you for the encouragement.
By no means do I see you as preaching to me about something like this. I also feel that if a marriage doesn't have "issues" of some sort, and it is something which can be resolved without major repercussions, then I don't feel it is a true marriage.
It is kind of like someone who has committed their life to God and then they have some issues in their life... Thru various sources and guidance from the right people they get through those issues and recommit their life to God.
I do know that God has someone out there for me, and it is in His timing for the when and where we will meet. I just on occasion get a little impatient and want to find someone now...
I am continuing to pray for you and your entire family. God Bless you my friend and sister in Christ.
Post a Comment