Saturday, April 16, 2005

Paint colors

Had an interesting dream last night. I dreamed that one day when I got to work, and walked into the breakroom, that they had repainted everything in the breakroom..... WHITE!!!! The floor, the walls, the ceiling... Everything blended in so well with the tables which are also white in color to start with. Management took away all but one soda machine and one candy machine. They also left the fridge and microwave. Other than that, the room seemed "sterile" and "blah". Mind you this WAS a dream... The reason I was bringing this up is that the walls of the breakroom are kind of bright colors, two of the walls were a medium blue, one wall was a bright green, and the fourth wall was a sort of neon orange. (At first I hated the colors and thought they were too bright, but now that I am used to the colors, I like them.)

We use colors alot in our life and never give another thought about it. Most people only stick with the standard colors of black, white, blue, and red. Whether it be car color or wall paint for their house.

Recently my folks repainted the inside of their house. I was actually surprised with the colors they chose to paint the walls.(Since my dad is one of those who thinks ALL walls should be painted plain white) In the master bedroom they used a kind of lavender color, in the master bath they made the lavender about 2 shades lighter. The kitchen they used a color called "chicken broth" which is sort of a golden/bronze color almost like the broth of chicken soup. The walls of the living room were repainted to almost the same color as the kitchen, I can't remember the name of the color of they used for that. One of the guest rooms was repainted a two tone blue color. A sort of medium blue on the upper half of the wall, and a kind of sky blue on the lower half with a white chair rail seperating the two. The other guest room and bathroom has yet to be painted. The bathroom is going to be painted in a really pale yellow, as not to be so overwheling, and the other guest room is going to be painted a kind of almost mint green color(my dad dislikes the color green on walls so for him this is huge).

I like colors, warm colors... Colors are what makes us who we are. Yes I watch way too many home improvement shows. LOL However, that is how you learn about things like fixing a leaking faucet, or painting a wall the RIGHT way, or even choosing what kinds and colors of plants to plant in a flower garden. Currently in my little planter box on my porch, I have a pink/fuschia colored Dianthus plant and a deep purple Petunia, absolutely gorgeous. I also have in my living room area sitting on an end table about 25 African Violets with flowers of varying colors(purples, pinks, there is a kind of sparkly pink and I have a purple/white varigated violet flower)

Nothing can beat watching a sunrise or a sunset in the mountains. The pinks, purples, the smoky haze as the sun is rising, the beauty of the yellow of the sun as it rises above the crest of the purple and green colors of the mountains. Watching a sunset is just as wonderful as the sun is setting along the horizon, the sky fills with wonderful colors, such as orange, gold, pink, red, purple, and a real deep indigo color right before it gets totally dark.

My thoughts are that as long as you live in just a black and white world, you will never experience anything that life has to offer.

No comments: